The Project “Support to Implementation of Strategies for IDPs, refugees and returnees – Legal Aid” is financed by European Union and realized by Diadikasia Business Consultants S.A. in consortium with Euromed, Euro Management International and IDC in cooperation with the Office for Kosovo and Metohija. The Project stated in December and it lasts up to June 2014.
This project will contribute to the realization of the rights of refugees, IDPs and returnees under the readmission.
Providing legal assistance and representation for refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees under the readmission agreements.
- IDPs from Kosovo and Metohija, non-displaced population in Kosovo
- returnees under readmission agreement
- refugees from BiH and Croatia
Legal aid and assistance which is necessary for enhancing the protection of rights of IDPs and returnees under readmission agreement with a special emphasis on property rights, non/discrimination, health, education, employment and social welfare. Legal aid and assistance shall be provided in accordance with the highest professional standards.
- Internal practical manual in place
- Number of persons represented before court
- At least 500 personal documents obtained
- At least 30 visits paid to the settlements with returnees
- Updated database on delivered legal assistance
- Minimum 2 round tables oraganised
- · 30000 printing materials distributes to potential beneficiaries
- Establish offices for the provision of legal aid/assistance (to receive refugees, IDPs and returnees) including mobile team(s) to ensure better territorial coverage. Conduct community-oriented outreach activities, through community facilitators, to ensure the participation of remote and isolated communities;
- Representation before the relevant institutions in the place of previous residence for IDPs and returnees under the readmission agreement;
- Register (in the database) the cases and undertake the most appropriate legal actions / assistance, legal counseling and assistance in obtaining documents necessary for the realization of their rights to property, health, education, employment and social welfare.
- Takeover of the caseload of the predecessor EU funded legal aid projec and provide legal services as required including in-court representation;
- Undertake regular case follow-up and inform individual legal aid/ assistance seekers on actions performed;
- Updating of legal database received from predecessor EU funded legal aid project by registrating cases received and conducting regular case follow-up;
- Establish a thematic working group for horizontal co-ordination aiming at more efficient delivery of legal aid / assistance and exchange of information;
- Develop / update an internal operational manual, rules and procedures and internal monitoring tools on the provision of legal aid;
- Holding conferences and round tables on the subject of forced displacements;
- Drafting of thematic Reports;
- Active engagement with major stakeholders in the current and previous place of residents for the purpose of addressing systematic obstacles and mitigating the assumed risks;
- Representation before the competent institutions in RS for collecting of documents;
- Timely and reliable enhancement of knowledge of returnees under the readmission agreement on their possibilities for access to justice in the current and previous place of residents;
- Distribution of the printed material to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees.